Tuition Assistance for New Families
Instructions for the 2017-2018 School Year
Tuition assistance is available for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Westminster Academy utilizes the services of FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Service to evaluate financial need. FACTS provides tuition assistance evaluation services for more than 3000 institutions nationwide, including many schools in the Mid-south.
Tuition assistance awarded for the 2017-2018 school year will be based on family income and expense for the most recent calendar year for which an income tax return has been filed. You will need to verify your application by mailing, faxing, or uploading your most recent tax return after you submit your application online. (Uploading is the preferred method.)
The nonrefundable fee for applying for assistance is $30 and is payable online by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or ACH.
How to Apply
To apply for tuition assistance, please complete the Tuition Assistance Application found above. There is a list of items needed to complete the application at the end of this document to aid you in the application process as well.
When applying, use the tuition rates for the 16/17 school year if 17/18 tuition has not been published, which can be found here.
All copies of W-2’s and 1040 tax returns must be postmarked, faxed, or uploaded to FACTS for final verification. Tax returns may not be e-mailed. The address for mailing returns is FGAA, P.O. Box 82524, Lincoln, NE, 68501-2524. The fax number for faxing tax returns is 1-866-315-9264. Uploaded documents must be in PDF format. Uploading documents is the preferred method of transmission as the documents are processed more quickly and are more secure. If you have any trouble uploading, please call Gina Hall in the business office.
Notification of Awards
You will be notified directly by FACTS, via e-mail, of your tuition assistance award, if any. You will also be notified if you do not receive an award. Tuition assistance does not reduce any consumable fee which is included in tuition. The offer of tuition assistance is extended until February 15th; at that time the offer will expire and the funds will be transferred back to the general tuition assistance budget to be made available for new families. Please contact us as necessary with any extenuating circumstances which require additional time.
Required Documents Checklist
List of Documents Needed to Complete Tuition Assistance Application
- 2015 Federal tax return
- Information about:
- Child support received
- Social Security information received that were NOT taxed, such as SSI benefits
- Welfare/Aid for Families with Dependent Children (AFDC/ADC)
- Food Stamps
- Tuition Support anticipated from friends/relatives/employer
- Worker’s Compensation
- Other nontaxable income (i.e. Clergy/Pastoral/Military Housing Allowance, Foster Care Allowance, VA Benefits, etc)
- Rent/Mortgage Monthly Expense (include principal, interest, taxes and home insurance)
- Second home monthly expenses (include mortgage payment, interest taxes and home insurance)
- Home equity monthly loan payments
- Vehicle information – make/model, year and monthly payment
- Total Credit Card debt and total of all minimum payments
- Student loan monthly payments
- Other Loan payments (not including cell phone, utilities, or other living expenses)
- Child Support monthly payments
- Health insurance monthly premiums and out of pocket medical expenses
- Annual vehicle insurance expenses
- Charitable contributions (cash/check)
- College expenses
- Child/day care expenses
- Elder Care expenses
- Value of cash, savings, checking accounts, stocks, bond investments, mutual funds, certificates of deposits, retirement plan assets (401(k), 403(b), and/or IRAs.
- Annual contribution to retirement plan assets
- Estimated value of home and second home
- Amount owed on home and second home
Have any questions?
If you have questions when completing the application, please contact FACTS at 1-866-315-9262. Should you have any specific questions when applying, please call the FACTS toll-free hotline at 866-441-4637. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week except for holidays.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
PO Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Fax Number: 1-866-315-9264