Tuition Assistance for Current Families
Tuition assistance is available for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and is awarded to returning families for the 2017-2018 school year based on family income and expense for the 2015 calendar year. You will need to verify your tuition assistance application by mailing, faxing, or uploading your tax return for the 2015 calendar year after you submit your application online. (Uploading is the preferred method.)
The nonrefundable fee for applying for assistance is $30 and is payable online by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or ACH.
How to Apply
Paper copies of the application are available in the main office to aid you in applying, but application must be made online. The deadline to apply is December 2, 2016. There is a list of items you will need in order to complete the application at the end of this document.
Failure to file for tuition assistance by the deadline may jeopardize your award partially or in its entirety.
When applying, use the tuition rates for the 16/17 school year, as 17/18 tuition will not be finalized until after the deadline for applying.
All copies of 2015 W-2’s and 1040 tax returns must be uploaded, mailed, or faxed to FACTS for final verification by December 2, 2016. Tax returns may not be e-mailed. The address for mailing returns is FGAA, P.O. Box 82524, Lincoln, NE, 68501-2524. The fax number for faxing tax returns is 866-315-9264. Uploaded documents must be in PDF format. Uploading documents is the preferred method of transmission as the documents are processed more quickly and are more secure. If you have any trouble uploading, please call Gina Hall in the business office.
Siblings of Current Students
Siblings of Current Students
If you have a child that is not currently a Westminster student but whom you are planning to enroll for the 2017-2018 school year, such as an incoming kindergartener, you should apply for assistance for that child along with your other children, but an award will not be made for that child until he or she is formally admitted to Westminster. The tuition assistance deadline for siblings of current Westminster students is also December 2, 2016.
Notification of financial aid awards
We will continue to use FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Service to evaluate financial need. You will be notified directly by FACTS, via e-mail, of your tuition assistance award, if any. You will also be notified if you do not receive an award. However, you will need to log in to your Renweb account in order to see your tuition payment options. The notification will take place in January. Tuition assistance does not reduce any consumable fee which is included in tuition.
The offer of tuition assistance is extended until February 15th; at that time the offer will expire and the funds will be transferred back to the general tuition assistance budget to be made available for new families. Please contact us as necessary with any extenuating circumstances which require additional time.
Required Documents Checklist
List of Documents Needed to Complete Tuition Assistance Application
- 2015 Federal tax return
- Information about:
- Child support received
- Social Security information received that were NOT taxed, such as SSI benefits
- Welfare/Aid for Families with Dependent Children (AFDC/ADC)
- Food Stamps
- Tuition Support anticipated from friends/relatives/employer
- Worker’s Compensation
- Other nontaxable income (i.e. Clergy/Pastoral/Military Housing Allowance, Foster Care Allowance, VA Benefits, etc)
- Rent/Mortgage Monthly Expense (include principal, interest, taxes and home insurance)
- Second home monthly expenses (include mortgage payment, interest taxes and home insurance)
- Home equity monthly loan payments
- Vehicle information – make/model, year and monthly payment
- Total Credit Card debt and total of all minimum payments
- Student loan monthly payments
- Other Loan payments (not including cell phone, utilities, or other living expenses)
- Child Support monthly payments
- Health insurance monthly premiums and out of pocket medical expenses
- Annual vehicle insurance expenses
- Charitable contributions (cash/check)
- College expenses
- Child/day care expenses
- Elder Care expenses
- Value of cash, savings, checking accounts, stocks, bond investments, mutual funds, certificates of deposits, retirement plan assets (401(k), 403(b), and/or IRAs.
- Annual contribution to retirement plan assets
- Estimated value of home and second home
- Amount owed on home and second home
Should you have any specific questions when applying, please call the FACTS toll-free hotline at 866-441-4637. They are available from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturdays.