Ways to Give
MAKE A DONATION
Listed below are funds that you can make a charitable contribution to.
The Purple and Gold Fund
About the Purple & Gold Fund
The Purple and Gold Fund was established to provide the necessary resources to sustain and accelerate our ability to provide excellence in Classical Christian Education. Simply put, the cost of educating each child exceeds tuition income. The Purple and Gold Fund not only helps make up the difference, but it also provides Westminster with the ability to meet the needs of a growing and thriving academic program now and in years to come. Your gift also supports our Tuition Assistance Program to help make Westminster affordable.
What does the Purple and Gold Fund support?
- Maintaining small class size
- Keeping tuition and fees affordable and providing assistance to families who need it
- Providing continual teacher training in the Classical Christian pedagogy
- Identifying, recruiting, hiring, and retaining the faculty necessary to fulfill the requirements of a strong Classical Christian Education
- Compensating faculty, staff, and administration in a manner that reflects their expertise and dedication
- Giving us the resources to improve our understanding of Classical Christian Education and the ability to pass that understanding along to teachers, faculty, parents and administration
- Providing the material needs of the school including professional development, upgraded technology, curriculum, and classroom needs
What is the goal of the Purple and Gold fund?
All gifts contribute to the total for each year and truly makes a difference in what Westminster Academy is able to accomplish. Contributions are allocated to the operating budget for the year they are received.
Ways to Make Your Gift
- CHECK– Payable to Westminster Academy
- CREDIT CARD– Online at wamemphis.com
- AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT- Have your gift automatically deducted from your account each month.
- MATCHING GIFTS- Corporate matching gifts provide a wonderful opportunity to increase your gift to Westminster Academy .Please contact your company’s human resources office for information.
- STOCK- Gifts of appreciated securities may be deducted at full market value on the date of the transfer to the school. Please call Gina Hall at 901-692-5177 for information.
- ESTATE PLANNING- There are many opportunities for individuals to use their assets to benefit the school and/or provide life income to the donor through tax favorable estate planning. Please contact your estate planner.
The Dr. Lowell Doler Tuition Assistance Scholarship Fund
About the Dr. Lowell Doler Scholarship Fund
The fund was established in 2007, in honor of Dr. Lowell Doler, and in recognition of his remarkable character and his deep appreciation for, and love of Christian education.
What does the Scholarship Fund support?
The fund was established with an initial donation of $100,000, for the sole purpose of providing tuition assistance through the investment of the fund in an interest bearing account. Ten percent of the annual return is reinvested and the remainder is distributed on an annual basis for the sole purpose of assisting families who have demonstrated need for tuition assistance for their children.
Your gifts to the Lowell Doler Tuition Assistance Scholarship Fund will help provide such assistance to Westminster families in perpetuity, because the principal remains invested year after year.
FUN & EASY WAYS TO GIVE
Listed below are some fun ways to contribute to Westminster Academy! Questions about any of these should be directed to our Director of Advancement, Holt Hall, at (901)380-9192.
Box Tops for Education
- Clip box tops from your favorite brands (check online at boxtops4education.com for a list of participating products) and turn them in to the school. Westminster Academy receives 10¢ per box top.
- Shop online through the Box Tops Marketplace (check online for a list of participating online merchants).
- Buy books online (through the online Reading Room link). Westminster Academy receives a portion of every qualifying purchase.
Do your online shopping through Goodsearch’s personal shopping page: Goodshop. If you’re going to shop at stores like Target, Amazon, Office Depot, Nike and Home Depot (just to name a few) go first to Goodshop and click on their link to these online stores. Goodshop will donate a percentage of your purchase (ranging from 1% to 5%) to Westminster. Go to www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.
Come by the school office to get your Kroger gift card. When you shop for groceries at Kroger, use your Kroger gift card to pay for the groceries (you must load funds on the gift card prior to checkout). Westminster Academy receives 4 percent of purchases made with the card. Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards to register or re-enroll your card (this must be done every year).
When you shop in the Lands’ End school catalogs or online at LandsEnd.com/school and give the Preferred School Number: 9000-4088-2, Westminster Academy will receive 3 percent of net sales.
When you buy qualifying student school supplies at Office Depot, simply tell the cashier that you want to designate Westminster Academy to receive 5 percent of your qualifying purchase. Office Depot tallies the qualifying purchases quarterly and awards designated schools credit in the form of a merchandise card that the school can use for free office supplies.
When you use your Target Visa or Target RED Card, you save 5% on your purchases and Target will donate up to 1 percent of purchases to designated schools. You may designate Westminster Academy online at Target.com/redcard – click on REDCard and sign up to Take Charge of Education.
UPromise is a free service that provides ways to turn everyday spending on gas, groceries and other things into college savings. Join UPromise for free throughupromise.com/schools and select Westminster Academy during the enrollment process. Register your credit, debit, grocery and drugstore cards with UPromise to earn rewards on your eligible purchases. You can also earn rewards when you shop online through UPromise. You can designate any portion of your UPromise rewards to Westminster Academy.
In addition, you can raise money for the school through UPromise Special Bonus Programs. Check online at upromise.com/schools for more information about Special Bonus Programs, a list of online merchants and complete details on the UPromise College Savings Program.