Westminster alumni, Josh Moon (class of 2010) has been named as one of only 8 graduate students at the University of Texas at Austin to participate in a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship. See the article here.
Alumni Lexie Shaunak (class of 2009) has been promoted to Account Manager at S2N Design.
Graham Throckmorton, class of 2012 has been chosen to participate in the Dr. Daniel Repperger Research Intern Program at the Air Force Research Laboratory, this summer. Graham will be involved in a 10 week internship that provides research opportunities for students to work under the mentorship of an Air Force scientist at either the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH or Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX. He will also learn the inner workings of an operational laboratory. Graham is a senior at Baylor University in the engineering department. This department is divided into 3 sections electrical, mechanical, and other. Graham is in the “other” section and is number one in his class.
Non scholae sed vitae discimus…We learn not for school, but for life.
There have been many moments in my life after Westminster that have shown me what an asset this school has been. In college, I realized that writing essays and giving speeches had become second nature to me. I had been given the challenge at Westminster to use logic and rhetoric to fully develop thoughts and arguments. When I was given assignments in college, I was already able to move on to other challenges, such as using that rhetoric in a more concise way and in a way that spoke to a much broader audience. And it was not only restricted to assignments. Westminster gave me a great number of “Foundation Years:” years which helped me develop a deep and reliable foundation in my beliefs, a foundation that was poured into by my fellow students and an amazing, loving faculty; all who shared a common belief in Christ. As I continue to move into new places, I am able to easily, logically, and comfortably stand firm on my foundation – this foundation that was shaped after Christ. Westminster gave me a compass, and the teachers, the staff, fellow students, the readings and writings, and everything there help set that compass for True North. I was not given the road map of my life, nor a to-do list for success; I was given the tools to discover God’s plan for my life. And after all those years of honing and perfecting, it will be hard for that compass to be changed. And now, I am blessed to work along that same faculty and with those same students, and more, to continue to be challenged and honed, and help Westminster continue to challenge and hone her students.
Class of 2009:
- Lindsay Payne – Interior Design Intern, Gresham Smith and Partners
- Andrew Baur – Design Engineer, A. Stucki Company
Class of 2008:
- Will Correll – CEO and Founder, Buskey Cider
- Sam Bouck – Architectural Intern, TVS Design
Class of 2007:
- Carter Hall – Registered Associate, Nachman, Norwood, & Parrott Wealth Management Consultancy
- Ashley Shaunak Sullivan – 4th year, University of Mississippi Medical Center
Class of 2006:
- Gentry Martin – Associate, SouthernSun Asset Management
- Abigail Smith – M.D., Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Class of 2005:
- Mary Halford Davis – RN, Methodist University Hospital
- Nicholas Barnhart – Product Manager, Barnhart Crane
Class of 2004:
- Jamie Nabors Schoen – Assistant US Attorney, District of South Carolina
Class of 2003:
- Andrea Stewart Pitman – Associate Benefits Analyst, Autozone
Class of 2002:
- Evan Sparks – Editorial Director, American Bankers Association
- Holley Halford Peters – “Even If I Have To Walk There,” author
Class of 2001:
- Andrew Russell – Worship Leader, Grace Bible Church
Class of 2000:
- Joshua Alley – Global Sourcing Associate, International Paper