We ask that parents and students support a manner of dress that is neat, clean, and modest, and reflects the classical, Christian, and scholarly image of Westminster Academy. The following principles should guide our thinking about and choice of attire:
As we seek to invest in each other, our actions, words, and attire should support a school culture that requires a decreasing level of oversight as we grow older. We desire for our students to respect and appreciate the standards that knit us together in Christian community. This prevents a culture of rules, regulation, and oversight diminishing the purpose of wearing uniforms and ultimately resulting in loss of freedom that we have in Christ. This is the freedom to do what we “ought” to do to His glory, in grace filled transformational culture.
Our actions, words and attire should…
- Point to the Lord that we serve.
- Display a heart of both modesty and humility.
- Seek to reflect respectful conformity to our biological gender.
- Not seek to exalt the outward beauty of the individual student, but rather seek to invest in building relationships with all other students and show them the love of Christ.
- Reflect respect toward each other and those in authority over us.
1. Drop-off begins at 7:30 am. There is no supervision for students arriving before 7:30 am.
2. Lower School students dropped off between 7:30 – 7:50 am MUST report to the cafeteria. Pick-up hours begin at 3:00 pm – please do not arrive earlier than 2:50 pm.
3. Please DO NOT drop off ANY students at the back doors.
4. Parents should not enter the Lower School hallway during pickup. Students can be picked up at the double doors by the Library.
5. There are designated parking locations for those wishing to enter during carpool. Please DO NOT park directly in front of the main building.
6. The carpool line is for the sole purpose of dropping off or picking up your children quickly and safely. Please avoid conversations with others while in the carpool line and other distractions.
7. Please do not walk up to the carline or carline doors. Children are only dismissed to parents who walk in at the double doors by the library.
8. All conversation between driver and carpool assistant should be limited to issues involving entry or exit of the vehicle ONLY – resist the temptations to discuss school at that time. Appointments with teachers and faculty should be prearranged at times other than dismissal.
9. There should be no cell phone use in the carpool line. Cell phone use in the school parking lot during drop-off and pick-up times is considered a safety issue. If your car is running, please do not use your cell phone for any purpose.
10. If your child/carpool group is not available when you are at the pick-up station, you must exit the carpool line and park in designated areas to wait – see map.
11. Please keep all passengers secured in seat belts while in the carline. Unbuckled children can be a distraction to drivers and could be injured in case of a sudden stop.
12. Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook for the After School Late Pick-Up and Supervision Policy.
13. Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook for the policy on Student Drivers regarding US students who drive carpools with LS siblings.
Grammar School carpool runs from 7:30-8:00 AM. After 8:00 AM parents MUST enter the building with their children to sign in late.
At 8:00 AM the carpool staff goes inside and cones are removed. Please DO NOT drop off students after this time, come to office. PLEASE DO NOT DROPOFF AT THE BACK DOORS.
If oldest child being dropped off is in Kindergarten through 6th Grade, drivers must enter the northern-most entrance of the campus. After entering, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the drop-off location between the Christian Life Center (Gym) and the school. Please drive in the lane closest to the fence at the back of the property.
If child being dropped off is in 7th through 12th grade OR for carpools containing both LS & US students, drivers must enter the middle entrance to the school directly facing the main door entrance. Enter and turn right, loop around cones and proceed to main entrance drop-off. After drop-off exit from the driveway located just south of the Sanctuary.
If a carpool contains BOTH US & LS students, you may use this line for drop off ONLY (not for afternoon pick-up of LS students).
After drop-off, proceed straight ahead to exit onto Ridgeway. In the morning, turning left onto Ridgeway is difficult.
If you will be entering the school with your child or after drop-off, you MUST park in the spaces indicated on the attached map. Enter the driveway just south of the Sanctuary and park in the front parking lot facing the playground. Park in the spaces along the sidewalk or along Ridgeway.
Student Drivers are required to park in the back of the school. Student drivers must enter the northern most entrance of the campus, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the parking spaces in the back of the school. All student drivers should assume full responsibility for those younger riders in their care and WALK WITH THEM into the school building.
NOTE: Between 7:30 am and 3:15 pm ALL DRIVERS MUST EXIT the same way they entered the school at the northern most entrance/exit.
Pick up of GS students only: Drivers must enter the northern most entrance of the campus. After entering, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the pick-up location between the Christian Life Center (Gym) and the school. Please drive in the lane closest to the fence at the back of the property. After pick-up, proceed straight ahead to exit onto Ridgeway. Turning left onto Ridgeway is difficult.
Pick-up if you have BOTH a JK -6th grade student AND a 7th -12th grade student: DO NOT ASK YOUR GRAMMAR SCHOOL CHILDREN TO MEET YOU AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE. If there are BOTH LS & US students to be picked up, you should pick up the LS STUDENTS FIRST, then proceed to the US pick-up line to pick-up your US students.
Pick-up if youngest child is in 7th through 12th grade:Drivers must enter the middle entrance to the school directly facing the main door entrance. Enter and turn right, loop around cones and proceed to main entrance for pick-up. After pick-up exit from the driveway located just south of the Sanctuary.
After 3:15 PM (or earlier if carpool line is over) parents MUST enter the building to pick up their children. Outdoor carpool teacher duty ends when there are no more cars in the line.
When entering the building, please do not enter the Grammar School hallway to pick-up your 2nd through 6th grader. A faculty member will call your child’s name, and your child will come to you at the double doors by the library. WE PREFER THE USE OF THE CARPOOL LINE FOR ALL PICK-UP, RATHER THAN HALLWAY PICK UP.
If an Upper School Student driver is responsible to pick up Grammar School students, he/she must follow these procedures:
Pick up LS students at the double doors between 3:10 – 3:15 pm.
DO NOT pick up LS students and hang out in the lobby. They should be ready to leave when LS students are picked up.