We ask that parents and students support a manner of dress that is neat, clean, and modest, and reflects the classical, Christian, and scholarly image of Westminster Academy. The following principles should guide our thinking about and choice of attire:
As we seek to invest in each other, our actions, words, and attire should support a school culture that requires a decreasing level of oversight as we grow older. We desire for our students to respect and appreciate the standards that knit us together in Christian community. This prevents a culture of rules, regulation, and oversight diminishing the purpose of wearing uniforms and ultimately resulting in loss of freedom that we have in Christ. This is the freedom to do what we “ought” to do to His glory, in grace filled transformational culture.
Our actions, words and attire should…
- Point to the Lord that we serve.
- Display a heart of both modesty and humility.
- Seek to reflect respectful conformity to our biological gender.
- Not seek to exalt the outward beauty of the individual student, but rather seek to invest in building relationships with all other students and show them the love of Christ.
- Reflect respect toward each other and those in authority over us.
1. Drop-off begins at 7:30 am. There is no supervision for students arriving before 7:30 am.
2. Grammar School students dropped off between 7:30 – 7:50 am MUST go directly to their classrooms. Pick-up hours begin at 3:00 pm – please do not arrive earlier than 2:50 pm.
3. Please DO NOT drop off ANY students at the back doors.
4. Parents should not enter the Grammar School hallway during pickup. Students may only be drooped off through the carline this year.
5. There are designated parking locations for those parents with official business or appointments.
6. The carpool line is for the sole purpose of dropping off or picking up your children quickly and safely. Please avoid conversations with others while in the carpool line and other distractions.
7. Please do not walk up to the carline or carline doors.
8. All conversation between driver and carpool assistant should be limited to issues involving entry or exit of the vehicle ONLY – resist the temptations to discuss school at that time. Appointments with teachers and faculty should be prearranged at times other than dismissal.
9. There should be NO cell phone use in the carpool line. Cell phone use in the school parking lot during drop-off and pick-up times is considered a safety issue. If your car is running, please do not use your cell phone for any purpose.
10. If your child/carpool group is not available when you are at the pick-up station, you must exit the carpool line and park in designated areas to wait – see map.
11. Please keep all passengers secured in seat belts while in the carline. Unbuckled children can be a distraction to drivers and could be injured in case of a sudden stop.
12. Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook for the After School Late Pick-Up and Supervision Policy.
13. Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook for the policy on Student Drivers regarding US students who drive carpools with GS siblings.
In light of COVID restrictions, please keep the lobby clear during arrival and dismissal. Parents must use the carlines.
Grammar School carpool runs from 7:30-8:00 AM. After 8:00 AM parents MUST enter the building with their children to sign in late.
At 8:00 AM the carpool staff goes inside and cones are removed. Please DO NOT drop off students after this time, come to office. PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF AT THE BACK LOBBY DOORS.
JK students should be dropped off behind the US building at the covered glass door. See map.
If oldest child being dropped off is in Kindergarten through 8th Grade, drivers must enter the northern-most entrance of the campus. After entering, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the drop-off location between the Christian Life Center (Gym) and the school. Please drive in the lane closest to the fence at the back of the property.
If child being dropped off is in 9th through 12th grade OR for carpools containing both GS & US students, drivers must enter the middle entrance to the school directly facing the main door entrance. Enter and turn right, loop around cones and proceed to main entrance drop-off. After drop-off exit from the driveway located just south of the Sanctuary.
After drop-off, proceed straight ahead to exit onto Ridgeway. In the morning, turning left onto Ridgeway is difficult.
If you will be entering the school with your child for staggered days or after 8 a.m., you MUST park in the spaces indicated on the attached map. Enter the driveway just south of the Sanctuary and park in the front parking lot facing the playground. Park in the spaces along the sidewalk or along Ridgeway.
Student Drivers are required to park in the back of the school. Student drivers must enter the northern most entrance of the campus, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the parking spaces in the back of the school. All student drivers should assume full responsibility for those younger riders in their care and WALK WITH THEM into the school building.
NOTE: Between 7:30 am and 3:15 pm ALL DRIVERS MUST EXIT the same way they entered the school at the northern most entrance/exit.
In light of COVID restrictions, please keep the lobby clear during dismissal. Parents must use the carlines.
Breezeway pick up: Drivers must enter the northernmost entrance of the campus. After entering, drive around the back of the church and school building and proceed to the breezeway pick-up location between the Christian Life Center (Gym) and the school. Please drive in the lane closest to the fence at the back of the property. After pick-up, proceed straight ahead to exit onto Ridgeway. Turning left onto Ridgeway is difficult.
Front pick up: Drivers must enter the middle entrance to the school directly facing the main door entrance. Enter and turn right, loop around cones and proceed to main entrance for pick-up. After pick-up exit from the driveway located just south of the Sanctuary. If you need to wait for a student, pull right into the parking lot in front of the RBC sign.
- Noon dismissal
- JK: where you dropped off at the first covered entrance behind the US building
- K: Breezeway
- 3:00 dismissal Grammar School (WEE-6th): Breezeway
After 3:15 PM (or earlier if carpool line is over) parents MUST enter the building to pick up their children. Outdoor carpool teacher duty ends when there are no more cars in the line.
- 3:15 dismissal 7th & 8th: Breezeway
- If you have only US students, please avoid the GS carline by pulling into a parking spot or pulling along the fence
- 3:15 dismissal 9th-12th: Front
If you have both GS and 7th/8th pick up, pull through the breezeway carline, turn left, and park in the southwest parking lot in front of the Purple and Gold playground to await your US student.
If you have both GS and 9th-12th pick up, pull through the breezeway carline, turn right, and enter the front pick up process.
If an Upper School Student driver is responsible to pick up Grammar School students, he/she must follow these procedures:
- Pick up GS students at the main office.
- DO NOT pick up GS students and hang out in the lobby. Drivers should be ready to leave when GS students are picked up.